I have 3 tiny animals who will be getting homemade stockings this year with their faces on them. The easiest by far was Cricket, the cats have multi colored faces, that will be a fun test of my skills 🙂 but here is how I made a felt stocking with my puppy’s face on it.
1) draw and cut out the shape of the stocking in the size you want. This is about the size of an average sized piece of graph paper. I’ll probably make the top a little wider in the future, I can’t really fit my hand in it.
3) Draw out the face or shape you want on the stocking
5) Cut out all the individual pieces from felt and place them onto the stocking to make sure everything will fit and look how you want. I ended up adding a green boarder to the top to make it look a little cuter.
6) Hot glue all the pieces in place, try to avoid the outside edges as having glue there will make it more difficult to sew.
9) Hot glue a ribbon near the top of the stocking. I like to put a drop of glue under the ribbon then another over the ribbon then glue the 2 sides together. I think it makes it a little more secure than just glueing one side.
And there you have it! Hang it up and fill it with squicky toys and smelly bones. Or whatever you feel is appropriate, your human loved ones might not appreciate a bone as much as my dog will.